This functionality is only available from Blue Prism 7.1.2 onwards.
System timeout parameters used in Blue Prism automations can be amended if the default configuration is causing issues in a particular environment, and to optimize automations across environments. The System – Timeouts permission to access this area of Blue Prism is assigned to the system administrator by default, who can assign it to subsequent administrators if required.
Any changes should only be made under guidance from Blue Prism and tested in a Development environment.
The following timeout parameters can be configured by updating the value in the Current Value column:
- Browser connection – The amount of time the application will wait for a web page to connect. The default is 60 seconds.
- Browser process creation – The amount of time Blue Prism will wait for a process to be created when launching a browser application with the command line switch --new-window, or when launching Edge in IE mode. The default is 60 seconds.
- Browser process start – The amount of time Blue Prism will wait for the browser process to start when launching a browser. The default is 15 seconds.
- Messaging host detection – The amount of time Blue Prism will wait for the native messaging host to be detected when attaching to a browser after it has been launched. The default is 10 seconds.
- New browser launch – The minimum amount of time that must pass after terminating a browser before Blue Prism can launch a new browser. The default is 2000 milliseconds.
- Blue Prism reconnection – The amount of time the Blue Prism interactive client will pause before reconnecting to a named pipe (native messaging host or Citrix) if the connection has been lost. The default is 1000 milliseconds.
- Server connection – The amount of time Blue Prism will wait between attempts to connect to either the native messaging host that is started by the Blue Prism browser extension, or the Citrix driver. The default is 15000 milliseconds.
- Connection retries – The number of times Blue Prism will attempt to connect to the native messaging host that is started by the Blue Prism browser extension. The default is 3 attempts.
The system timeout parameters are only applied to the user's machine on which the Blue interactive client is installed. Timeout parameters in the browser extensions can also be applied to multiple environments. For more information, see