To configure Blue Prism to use your Decision models, you need to:
- Set up a service account in Hub and generate a secret key.
- Set up the credentials for the Decision service account in Blue Prism.
- Import the Blue Prism Decision API Release VBO to communicate with Decision.
- In Blue Prism Hub, on the Service accounts page, click Add account.
- Enter a unique ID and a friendly name, for example, Decision.
Under Permissions, select Decision API.
Click Create service account.
The Add a service account dialog displays with a generated secret key. You will need to enter this key into the Blue Prism interactive client when configuring the associated credential.
Copy the generated secret to your clipboard ready to paste into the Blue Prism interactive client.
Click OK to close the dialog.
The Service accounts page displays with the newly created account shown.
- Log into the Blue Prism interactive client, select System and then click Security > Credentials. See Security > Credentials for additional information.
The Credential Details dialog displays.
On the Application Credentials tab of the Credential Details dialog:
- Enter a name.
- Change the Type to OAuth 2.0 (Client Credentials).
- In Client ID, enter the ID that you used to create the service account above in Set up a service account.
- In Client Secret, enter the secret key that was generated for the service account.
- On the Access Rights tab of the Credential Details dialog, set up the required access permissions.
- Click OK.
If you haven't already, download the Decision API.bprelease file from the Blue Prism Portal.
In Blue Prism, select File and click Import > Release / Skill.
The Import Release dialog displays.
- Click Browse.
Locate and select the Decision API.bprelease file.
The Process Logging Overview screen displays with a summary of the components that will be imported.
A progress screen displays.
- When the import has completed, click Finish.
- In Blue Prism, select System and then click Objects > Web API Services.
- Select DecisionAPI and click Edit Service.
On the Web API: DecisionAPI opening screen, in Base URL, enter the URL of the Decision API service in the format:
<Hub host URL>:<port if specified during install>/api/blueprism-decision
For example, https://hub.blueprism.com:5002/api/blueprism-decision
Or, if the default port was used, https://hub.blueprism.com/api/blueprism-decision.
- Select Common Authentication in the navigation tree, then complete the following:
- Ensure that Authentication Typeis set toOAuth 2.0 (Client Credentials)
In Authorization URI, enter the Authentication Server URL in the format:
<Authentication Server URL>:<port if specified during install>/connect/token
For example, https://authentication.blueprism.com:5000/connect/token
Or, if the default port was used, https://authentication.blueprism.com/connect/token.
If you have upgraded from a version earlier than 4.3, your system will still be using IMS. In this case, you should enter the information in the format:
<IMS URL>:<port if specified>/connect/token
For example, https://ims.blueprism.com:5000/connect/token.
- In Credential, select the credential you created in Set up credentials in Blue Prism.
- Click OK to save and complete the setup of the Web API Service.