The Users page displays a list of existing users. You can click on a user to view their information. If only native authentication has been configured in your environment, the Authentication type field is hidden.
To open the Users page, click your profile icon to open the Settings page, and then click Users.
The Users page includes two methods for finding users:
field– This is located above the list of users. Start typing a user's name to filter the search results, the list dynamically filters as you enter more characters.
- Filters – The filters enable you to easily find a specific user or types of users based on the selected criteria. Click Filter to view and use the filters.
By default, the filters are set to show you only the 'live' users and not the retired users. If you want to see all the users, turn off the Live filter. For more information, see Use the filters.
On the Users page, click Add user.
The Create user section displays.
- Enter the user's details:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Theme – The default theme is automatically selected. You can select a different theme for the user. See Customization for more information about themes.
Select the permissions for the user:
- Hub – Select this check box for standard Hub users and administrators.
- Hub administrator – Select this check box to give administrator permissions to the user role. You must select Hub before this option becomes available.
- Interact – Select this check box to enable the user to be assigned Interact Forms. See the
Interact user guidefor more information.
- Approver – Select this check box to give approval rights for Interact to the user role. You must select Interact before this option becomes available.
Select the roles for the user:
Hub roles – Select the Hub roles required for the user. If the required role has not yet been created, you can edit the user at a later date to assign new roles.
If the user is created without a Hub role, the user is underlined in the user list to indicate that the user setup has not been completed, for example:
The user will be able to log in to Hub, but they will not be able to perform any tasks as they will not have access to any plugins.
- Interact roles – Select the Interact roles required for the user. If the required role has not yet been created, you can edit the user at a later date to assign new roles. You can select more than one role.
Users can also be added to roles from the Roles and Permissions page.
Click Create user.
The Create password dialog displays.
Select one of the password options:
- Send the user a password update email – This sends the user an email prompting them to enter a password on login using a link.
- Manually update the user’s password – This enables you to set a password for the user.
Passwords must obey the restrictions within Hub.
- Click Continue
and follow the instructions on screen.
Finally, click Create to create the user.
The new user displays in the list of users.
- On the Users page, select the required user and click Edit.
Change the information as required.
You cannot change their username.
Click Save to apply your changes.
On the Users page, select the required user and click Retire.
A message displays asking you to confirm.
You can use the Live filter to filter the user list for retired users. See Find users.
The user is retired and the Retire icon is replaced with the Make live icon. You can use this to reinstate the user if required. The user is also underlined in the user list to indicate they are retired.
If a user enters their password incorrectly five times, they will be locked out of the system for three hours. Alternatively, you can unlock their account for them.
On the Users page, select the required user and click Unlock.
A notification message displays confirming the user has been successfully unlocked.
You can use the Locked filter to filter the user list for locked users. See Find users.
You cannot change the password of another administrator.
On the Users page, select the required user and click Change password.
The Change password screen displays.
Enter a new password for the user in both fields. The password must meet the character restrictions, however, the restriction regarding password reuse is not applied.
A notification message displays confirming the user's password has been changed.
Use the filters
The filters enable you to easily find a specific user or types of users based on the selected criteria.
- On the Users page, click Filter to open the Filter panel.
Use the toggle to turn on the required filter and complete the information to find the user. You can apply multiple filters at the same time.
The available filters are:
Enter the user's username, or part of their username.
Enter the user's email address, or part of their email address.
Select the locked status of the user from the drop-down list; the options are:
- Locked – Displays all the users who have had their accounts locked.
- Unlocked – Displays all the users with unlocked accounts.
Select the live status of the user from the drop-down list; the options are:
- Live – Displays all the users who have active log in credentials.
- Retired – Displays all the users who have been retired by the administrator and can no longer log in.
By default, the Live filter is already turned on. You can turn this off if you want to view all the users.
Select the setup status of the user from the drop-down list; the options are:
- Setup correctly – Displays all the users who are correctly setup within Hub, that is, they have completed user credentials and assigned roles.
- Needs action – Displays all the users who's user accounts are not correctly configured, for example, they may be missing their roles.
Enter the name of a domain, or part of a name. This matches against the domain names that are specified in the Authentication settings page, and displays any users that were imported into Hub from the matching domain.
If you have entered part of a domain name, the results display for all partial matches. There maybe users from other domains as well as the one you intended.
Enter the name of a connection, or part of a name. This matches against the connection names that are specified in the Authentication settings page, and displays any users that were imported into Hub using the matching connection.
If you have entered part of a connection name, the results display for all partial matches. There maybe users from other connections as well as the one you intended.
Select the access level of the user from the drop-down list. These are based on the permissions level given to the user; the options are:
- Hub – Access to Hub.
- Interact – Access to Interact.
- Approver – Access to Interact with approver permissions.
Enter the name of the role, or part of the role name. This searches against any roles that have Hub set as the role type.
Enter the name of a role, or part of the role name. This searches against any roles that have Interact set as the role type.
Select the theme from the drop-down list. The users who have the selected theme are displayed.
The information on the Users page is immediately filtered.
If you have set the filters but want to view the unfiltered information again, either turn off the required filters, or remove any settings within the filter so that it is blank.
- Click Close drawer to close the filter panel.