Control Room – Installation and access
To use the Control Room plugin, a Hub administrator needs to install it and provide you with access.
For the Control Room plugin to function, the following must be configured:
- The Control Room plugin requires Blue Prism 7.0 or later.
The URL of the Blue Prism API must be known to Hub. This can be defined using one of the following methods:
- The URL can be entered as part of the Hub installation or upgrade processes directly into the wizard screen. For more information, see Install Blue Prism Hub or Upgrade Hub and Interact.
- The URL can be entered directly into the Hub appsetting.json file if it was not entered through the install wizard screen. For more information, see Updating the Blue Prism API URL after installation.
- Authentication Server must be configured to authorize the user to view the Blue Prism data within the Control Room plugin. For more information, see the Authentication Server configuration guide.
The Control Room plugin must be installed from the Plugin Repository by a Hub administrator.
- If you are a Hub administrator, log into Hub and click Plugins to open the plugin repository.
On the Control Room tile, click the download icon in the bottom corner to initiate the install.
The plugin installs and a message displays informing you that the site is restarting. Once complete, the plugin repository displays and the download icon on the Control Room tile is replaced with a tick.
The site restart will affect all users who are logged into Hub. Although this does not take long, it is recommended that this is performed outside normal working hours to minimize disruption.
The Control Room plugin is automatically available to Hub administrators. Users need to be added to a role that provides access to the Control Room. This access can be given via a new role or added to an existing user role. If a role does not already exist, a new role can be created to grant access to the plugin:
Users can be added to and removed from existing roles by selecting the required role on the Roles and permissions page and clicking Edit. For more information, see Roles and permissions.
Although this role allows users to access the plugin, both users and Hub administrators are unable to see any data in the Control Room plugin if their account is not synchronized with Blue Prism through Authentication Server. If your organization is using the default administrator (admin) credentials for Hub, this account will also need to be synchronized if you want to use it to view the Control Room data. When selecting a user from Blue Prism to synchronize with the Hub admin user, it is recommended at least one administrator account in Blue Prism is not synchronized with Hub to enable access for troubleshooting in the event of any connection issues. For more information, see the Authentication Server configuration guide.
Open Control Room
After the Hub administrator has installed the plugin and provided you access, click Control Room from the navigation menu.
The following tiles are available:
- Work Queues
– Monitor the status of work queue items and track queue activity.
- Schedules and Tasks
– View, run, and monitor schedules and tasks.
– View, filter, and organize session activity in each environment.
- Digital Worker Health
– View and monitor the Digital Workers in each environment.