Minimum requirements and components
SS&C | Blue Prism® Decipher IDP is a production ready IDP solution, closely integrated with SS&C | Blue Prism® Enterprise. We recommend that you deploy Decipher IDP on dedicated hardware to better support scalability as your use of Decipher IDP increases. We also recommend installing and testing Decipher IDP in a non-production environment prior to using it in a live environment.
Decipher IDP is designed to provide an on-premise solution and is not supported in SS&C | Blue Prism Cloud at this time.
The following minimum setup is required to run Decipher IDP on a standalone deployment:
- Administrator access to the devices on which Blue Prism is installed.
- CPU: Intel i7 3rd generation or above.
- Windows 10, or Windows Server 2012 or later.
- RAM: 6 GB (1 GB for the application server at a load of 10,000 pages per day, plus 3 GB for SQL Server, plus 2 GB for Windows).
- Hard drive space for image storage. The average file size is 1 MB per page and 1 TB per 1 million pages.
The NLP plugin is an optional Decipher IDP component and has the following minimum requirements:
- A graphics card with a Nvidia Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) on it – installed on the same machine as the Decipher automated client.
- 8 GB of RAM per each GPU.
- The version of the GPU driver must be 418.0 or later.
Decipher IDP requires Google Chrome to be set as the default browser. Decipher IDP does not currently support any other browsers.
Minimum SQL permissions
The minimum SQL permissions for the user required to connect to the database during the installation process must have the appropriate privileges to create or configure the databases from within the product, therefore an appropriate administrator account will need to be used when running the installation process:
Create Database: dbcreator (server role) or sysadmin (server role)
Configure Database: sysadmin (server role) or db_owner (database role)
The database user required to connect to the databases during normal operation must have the minimum SQL permissions to access the Decipher IDP databases. The required permissions are:
For details on architecture and the projected performance, see the
The following software and database components are required to use Decipher IDP.
The following additional database and software components must be installed before installing Decipher IDP. For details of these components, including download links, see Install/configure required software components.
- RabbitMQ and Erlang
SQL Server Express is supported for proof of concept and evaluation purposes only. It is not recommended or supported for production use.
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Internet Information Server (IIS)
Blue Prism and Decipher IDP components
The following components need to be installed and configured for this release of Decipher IDP. Download the Decipher IDP components from the Decipher IDP page on the customer portal. For installation details, see Install Blue Prism, Decipher VBO, and DLL and Install Decipher IDP.
BluePrism6.6.0_x64.msi or BluePrism6.6.0_x86.msi or later
BPA Object - Decipher.xml
Decipher Licensing Service.msi
Decipher Server 1.221.03230.msi
Decipher Web Client 1.221.05130.msi
Decipher Automated Clients 1.220.12070.msi
Decipher Server Plugin.msi
Decipher NLP Plugin 1.220.10021.msi