Capture 2.0: February 2021
This is the general release of Capture 2.0.
Click here for a list of any prominent issues and limitations with this release.
Secure development policy
As part of our secure development policy, Blue Prism products are evaluated against the following security standards:
- OWASP Top 10 –The security vulnerabilities that pose the most risk to applications development. For more information, see the OWASP website.
- SANS CWE Top 25 – The most common software security vulnerabilities found throughout the software development industry. For more information, see the SANS website.
- Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) Publication 140-2 – U.S. government standard that defines minimum security requirements for cryptographic modules in information technology products.
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
A compliance highlight summary report is available upon request via Product Support.
The following new features and enhancements are introduced in this version of Capture:
- Capture is no longer dependent on an internet browser as it now runs in its own application window.
- Stability has been improved when capturing, saving, and exporting PDDs.
- A new export option to generate a Blue Prism process XML (for v6.4 or newer) has been added to the Export dialog, accessed by clicking Export after you have captured a process. The XML file can then be imported into Blue Prism to give you a basis on which to develop your processes. Learn more...
- Improved numbering has been applied to reference groups, steps, and actions within the Process Definition Documents (PDD). Users can now quickly compare the PDD to the Blue Prism XML export, for easier referencing of screenshots. Learn more...
- The quality of screenshot resolution has been improved for dual monitor setups.
- A new Settings menu has been added to the Capture main screen. The menu displays the User Settings dialog, which allows users to enable or disable automatic checks for Capture updates. The setting is disabled by default. Learn more...
- The option Send anonymous logs has been removed from the Capture installation.
Fixes and minor improvements
The following fixes and minor improvements have been made to Capture for this release:
- When editing step actions or step notes, the right and left arrows on the keyboard now navigate between groups and individual letters. Previously, the arrows did not navigate between letters.
- When right-clicking on step thumbnails on the Step Editor screen, the context menu now displays correctly. Previously, the menu would go off the screen.
- The scroll bar has now been removed from the process map displays in the Step Editor, as scrolling is not a function on this screen.